Number of Openings:
Job Type(Employment Type):
|Permanent - Regular|
Level of Education:
Years of Experience:
Our Knowledge Management Solutions team is looking for technical writers with exceptional communication skills, and the ability to grasp and articulate technical concepts. The job requires working closely with the product/project manager to write and create end-user documentation deliverables for Codestel software and/or customer projects. Documentation deliverables include and are not limited to online help systems, user guides, installation guides, system administration guides, training manuals and product release notes.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- • Listens and gets clarification
• Strives to write clearly and informatively.
- Language Ability
- • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or software documentation.
- • Ability to write procedural and conceptual software instruction, business correspondence and business reports.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients (internal and external), and co-workers.
- Organizational Support
- • Follows policies and procedures
• Supports organizational goals and values.
- Problem Solving
- • Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- • Develops alternative solutions
• Works well in group problem solving situations.
- • Approaches others in a tactful manner
- • Reacts well under pressure
- • Accepts responsibility for own actions
• Follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management
- • Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reasoning Ability
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and translate, in writing, abstract conceptual information.
- Technical Skills
- • Pursues training and development opportunities
- • Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work
- • Balances team and individual responsibilities
- • Gives and welcomes feedback
- • Contributes to building a positive team spirit
• Puts success of team above own interests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent in English, Education, or related discipline along with one year of writing experience. (A degree in Computer Science would be preferred)
• Organizational experience in a fast paced software development environment is preferred.
Skills – Desired
To perform this job successfully, knowledge of the following will be preferred:
- • Agile Software Development methodology & Rally
- • Adobe Technical Communication Suite (especially FrameMaker, RoboHelp and Captivate)
- • SnagIT and/or other image capturing software
- • Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint and Project).